Is this an emergency?
There are only a few reasons to seek emergency orthodontic assistance.
- Injury to your face, mouth, or teeth
- Infection or significant swelling of your face, mouth, or gums
- Severe pain in the face, mouth, or gums*
*Please note that you may have minor discomfort with your braces. Intolerable pain is an emergency.
In an emergency, go directly to the emergency room. If you aren’t sure, call your regular dentist for advice.
Minor Problems That May Occur With Braces
- Broken bracket, loose wire or band
- This may occur after eating hard or sticky foods
- If the bracket is still attached to the wire, do not attach elastics. Leave it alone and use wax if it is irritating the inside of your cheek. If it has come off, save it. Call our office, and we will schedule a visit to fix the bracket or band.
- Wire poking
- As your teeth move, the wire that connects the brackets may irritate your cheeks.
- Call our office for guidance
- Cover the area with wax until you can speak with us
- Tooth pain
- Your teeth may feel tender as your teeth move
- Over-the-counter pain relievers may help
- Try a salt water rinse
- Try a warm washcloth or heating pad on low
Do you have more questions?
3D iTero Scan
408 Chatham Square Office Park
Fredericksburg, VA 22405
35 Walpole St #203
Stafford, VA 22554
Monday - Thursday
8:00 AM - 5:00 PM
Closed for lunch daily
from 12:00 PM - 1:00 PM
Hours alternate every other week with our other office. This schedule is subject to change. Please call with any questions.