Utilizing the Latest Technology To Bring Out Your Best Smile!
At Rappahannock Orthodontics, we believe in utilizing the latest technology to achieve your best smile.
Our digital impression system replaces the uncomfortable, unpleasant-tasting, messy and sometimes inaccurate traditional putty impressions. No bulky trays or sticky putty needed!
Using a digital scanner, we will take three-dimensional (3-D) digital images, or impressions, of your teeth and bite. These impressions will help us formulate a personalized treatment plan that meets your specific orthodontic needs and desires. We can also use them to visually show you your treatment options and help us keep you up-to-date on your treatment progress.
Some benefits of iTero digital impressions over traditional putty impressions include:
- Accuracy: They capture the exact contours of your teeth.
- Efficiency: They require less time in the treatment chair.
- Comfort: Taking digital images is less invasive. No putty is used, and patients are more at ease without fearing they will gag on the impression putty.
- Customization: They provide a digital plan and allow for trays that are tailored to meet the individual needs and desires of each patient.
- Visualization: They provide each patient with a definite picture of what their teeth will look like before, during and after orthodontic treatment.
- Innovation: They use the most advanced 3-D video technologies.
With digital x-ray technology, we’re able to provide detailed panoramic images of a patient’s teeth, jaw, and oral cavity. Because these images provide more information on a patient’s oral health, we’re able to make accurate diagnoses and optimize their treatment plan. Patients stand comfortably as we administer digital x-rays and produce versatile images faster and of higher quality than 2-dimensional x-rays. Digital x-rays are also safer and expose patients to lower doses of radiation than traditional x-rays.
Superior Imaging: Digital imaging reduces diagnostic errors & provides a clearer picture of the patient’s mouth.
- Efficiency: This imaging is faster & more detailed, allowing us to diagnose accurately & administer the right course of treatment.
- Safer: Ultra low dose imaging reduces patient exposure to radiation.
- Comfort: Extraoral bitewing pieces provide a more comfortable & less invasive experience than intraoral devices.
- Comprehensive: Digital x-ray software allows us to work more efficiently with specialists in examining & developing a treatment plan.
We utilize 3D printing technology to produce precise and higher-quality dental impressions and molds. The end products of our 3D printer can also bridge the gap between patients and doctors. With the ability to hold and see a 3-dimensional mold or impression of their teeth, patients can better understand their smile as doctors demonstrate which areas will need correcting and treatment. If there is ever the need to duplicate a mold or impression, our software allows us to do so quickly and efficiently without the need for patients to come in and endure messy putty impressions.
408 Chatham Square Office Park
Fredericksburg, VA 22405
35 Walpole St #203
Stafford, VA 22554