Kids’ Orthodontist in Fredericksburg and Stafford
When it comes to your child’s dental health, scheduling an orthodontist appointment earlier rather than later ensures their smile is bright and beautiful throughout their life. While every child develops differently, the first adult molars typically emerge around age 6. Scheduling an initial evaluation for your child by age 7 allows Dr. Caspersen, our attending orthodontist, to monitor your child’s bite and suggest early preventive treatment if necessary.
When you choose Rappahannock Orthodontics, you can be confident you will receive expert and attentive care. With two convenient office locations in Fredericksburg and Stafford, we are your source for world-class orthodontic services at a local level.
Benefits of Using a Children’s Orthodontist
One of the most important milestones in a child’s life is their first visit to the orthodontist. At Rappahannock Orthodontics, our patient and friendly staff will help your child feel welcome and relaxed from the second they arrive. Choosing our practice for your children’s orthodontic needs has many benefits, such as:
- Reduced stress: With years of training and experience, Dr. Caspersen will understand and acknowledge any concerns your child may have and can help put them at ease.
- Specialized training: Pediatric orthodontists receive specialized training in working with children’s jaws and teeth to provide safe, effective and comfortable solutions.
- Awareness of childhood habits: Certain behaviors such as thumb sucking can lead to dental issues later in your child’s life. Dr. Caspersen is aware of these habits and can create effective solutions to improve your child’s oral health.
- Understanding of growth and changes: Your child’s jaw does not completely fuse together until after puberty, causing it to undergo changes during childhood and adolescence. Dr. Caspersen is familiar with the many growth stages your child may go through and can help them achieve a healthy smile at every point.
Our Pediatric and Adolescent Orthodontist Services
Rappahannock Orthodontics offers various treatment options to meet your child’s or teen’s specific oral needs. Our pediatric and adolescent orthodontist services include:
- Palatal expanders: Palatal expanders gradually widen your child’s upper jaw to fix common orthodontic issues such as crossbites, crowding and impacted teeth.
- Fixed palatal crib: A fixed palatal crib prevents your child from touching the gums behind their front teeth to help discontinue a thumb-sucking habit.
- Herbst appliance: A Herbst appliance corrects your child’s uneven jaw by promoting growth in the lower jaw and slowing down the development of the upper jaw.
- Metal braces: Metal braces are a traditional tooth straightening option that uses a metal wire and brackets to slowly move your teen’s teeth into position.
- Ceramic braces: Ceramic braces use tooth-colored materials to discreetly and effectively straighten your teen’s teeth.
Schedule an Appointment for Your Child at Rappahannock Orthodontics Today
At Rappahannock Orthodontics, our main priority is helping your child or adolescent achieve a healthy, beautiful smile that lasts for years to come. Dr. Caspersen and our staff love helping patients of all ages, and this enthusiasm is clear in our care.
To learn more about our services or schedule an appointment at our offices in Fredericksburg or Stafford, Virginia, please call us at 540-371-2611 or schedule your complimentary consultation today!
3D iTero Scan
408 Chatham Square Office Park
Fredericksburg, VA 22405
35 Walpole St #203
Stafford, VA 22554