Teeth Crowding Correction in Fredericksburg and Stafford
Your smile is one of the first things people will notice about you. However, if you are experiencing dental crowding, you may hide your smile to conceal misaligned, overlapping or crooked teeth.
At Rappahannock Orthodontics, our expert team can provide the treatment you need for a straight and beautiful smile you will want to show off for years to come.
Why Does Teeth Crowding Happen?
Dental crowding can be the result of a variety of factors. One of the leading causes is genetics, which affects the size of your jaw and impacts how your teeth emerge. Some additional situations that may contribute to dental overcrowding are:
- Your teeth are larger than your jaw and do not fit correctly.
- You lost a baby tooth too early, and your other teeth shifted into the empty space.
- A baby tooth began to loosen and then tightened back into the gum, preventing the eruption of adult teeth.
Symptoms of Dental Crowding
Identifying the symptoms of dental crowding can help you prevent more severe issues such as gum disease or bite misalignment as soon as possible. Some common symptoms of overcrowding include:
- Difficulty chewing.
- Trouble flossing between the teeth.
- Partial of complete overlap of the teeth.
- Misaligned or crooked teeth.
- Frequently biting the inside of your cheek while chewing.
- Tooth decay.
- Bad breath.
- Issues speaking.
How Is Lower Teeth Crowding Treated?
At Rappahannock Orthodontics, we offer orthodontic solutions to help you correct overcrowding and have a beautiful smile. We customize our treatments to fit your exact dental needs. Some options we offer for correcting lower teeth crowding are:
- Braces: Whether you choose traditional metal braces or our ceramic option, the archwire of your braces will apply constant pressure to your teeth to gradually move them into the correct position.
- Invisalign: Our Invisalign option works similarly to braces and will apply constant pressure to slowly move your teeth into alignment without altering your daily appearance.
- Spacers: Before installing your braces, Dr. Caspersen may use small metal or elastic spacers to create room in your mouth and start correcting crowding in the lower teeth.
- Palatal expander: If your child is experiencing overcrowding issues, they may benefit from a palate expander that gradually moves the two halves of the upper jaw apart to make room for teeth to emerge.
Benefits of Teeth Crowding Correction
Correcting crowding in the bottom teeth can improve your smile’s appearance as well as your bite. Some additional benefits of teeth crowding correction include:
- Gums that fit securely around the teeth to reduce periodontal issues.
- Easier-to-clean teeth.
- Reduced excessive wear and tear of the teeth.
- Corrected protruding teeth to limit the risk of damage during an accident.
- Less stress on the gums.
- Easier chewing.
- Boost in confidence and self-esteem.
Book an Appointment to Correct Overcrowded Teeth Today
Whether you are just starting your orthodontic journey or would like to correct overcrowding later in life, our passionate and caring staff at Rappahannock Orthodontics is here to give you the smile of your dreams. We have two convenient office locations in Fredericksburg and Stafford, Virginia, to make it easier than ever to start improving your teeth.
3D iTero Scan
408 Chatham Square Office Park
Fredericksburg, VA 22405
35 Walpole St #203
Stafford, VA 22554